Go For Hope works closely with our project partners to ensure that all activities are family-friendly and age appropriate for each group. Itineraries shift and change accordingly, but here are a few highlights of what a typical trip might include:
- Day 1: Arrive at Managua International Airport, where a professional driver will take you to your accommodations. Trip briefing over an authentic Nicaraguan meal.
- Day 2: Venture out with a mobile library truck to visit rural schools, play games with kids, assist with library programming.
- Day 3: Visit a community library, read with kids, deliver pen pal letters.
- Day 4: Hike through a nature preserve, learn about family farming practices and sustainable agriculture.
- Day 5: Second trip with a mobile library truck.
- Day 6: Relax day. Shop artisan market and visit a viewpoint or other natural attraction.
- Day 7: Trip debrief and return to the airport.
We plan each itinerary around the specific needs and make-up of each group. Contact us via the form below for more information.