We are pulling together all the parts to make our Nicaragua trips truly reflect the concept of “meaningful travel”. We have identified and made preliminary arrangements with several projects and partners, including:
- The Hope Project / The Hope Academy: Providing educational access to street kids
- The Hope Project / Well Water Project: Assisting with the construction of clean water wells in rural communities
- The Hope Project / Project 127: Teaching basic English to improve job opportunities
- HJH Libraries for All / SJdS Biblioteca: The first lending library in Central America
- HJH Libraries for All / Biblioteca Movil: Mobile library services to rural schools
- SNDDEN / Familias Especiales: Occupational alternatives and other services to families of children with special needs
- Sea turtle nesting and conservation
- Ziplining through a cloud forest
- Viewing wild monkeys in a nature preserve
- Surfing or body boarding in the warm Pacific
- Coffee plantation tours
- “Sand surfing” down a volcano
¿QUE VALE? (WHAT IS THE COST?)
And what is the value…?
Many people have asked how much the trips will cost. While I hope to finalize trip costs within the next two or three weeks, for now let me say that the price will be under $1000/person for a week including lodging, meals, transportation and some mix of activities. Package pricing discounts will apply to families with children. This pricing represents our desire to keep these trips within reach of anyone who truly desires meaningful travel. For some, the money and time for a Go For Hope trip replaces the “traditional” family vacation to Hawaii or Disneyland. For families or individuals with a heart for international compassion, but without the financial means, we will provide resources to support fundraising activities. In short, if someone really wants to go, they can.